Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor day

Today is Labor (sic) day, which is celibrated, ironically, by being a public holiday. According to Wikipedia, "The origins of the American Labor Day can be traced back to the Knights of Labor [a kind of working men's union] in the United States and a parade organized by them on September 5, 1882 in New York City... Forms of celebration include picnics, barbecues, fireworks displays, water activities, and public art events" (their Oxford comma). I can't claim that it's a bank holiday, though, because:

1. I went into a bank and opened an account today
2. It's sunny and I'm in my shorts again

Anyway, I thought I'd share some piccies with you.

This is the outside of my flat (it's the nearest ground floor window):



This is the street in Cambridge where I live:



This is the little park outside the house my flat's in, where people sit and read or do excercises:



And this is the view of Boston from the BU bridge, which is on my way to work:



I'll get a night-time version of this online soon.

Furniture update: I now have a bed (yey) and a futon, both of which I acquired from the MIT furniture exchange.

Anyway, as it's a bank holiday (or not, it seems), I really shouldn't be in the office at half past six.

1 Comments:

At 8:42 am, Blogger The Knit Nurse said...

Wow! Nice views. More leafy than Richmond Ave. Quick work on the furniture. Hope none of it is inflatable. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home